Hair Elasticity is very important to know when you have natural hair.
What Is Hair Elasticity?
Hair elasticity is an indicator of healthy natural hair. If your hair is healthy, it will have high elasticity, which is shown by the way it bounces back to it original form when pulled on. If your hair has lost elasticity, it will look limp and can break easily. Also, when pulled, it will stay in that stretched position.
You can also read Hair Porosity
What Can Affect Hair Elasticity?
▪ Use of chemicals that permanent straightens hair
▪ Constant use of heat, especially when not used with heat protectant
▪ Over stretching of hair, even when wearing ponytails
▪ Loss of protein in hair; if routine protein treatment are not done
▪ Not maintaining proper moisture in hair
How Can You Maintain Or Restore Your Hair Elasticity?
Incorporate routine protein treatments. Make sure you are using real protein treatments that penetrate into your hair shaft. When buying products with for protein treatment, hydrolyzed protein is a great ingredient that should be present. Even if you are Low porosity, you can still use protein, just minimize the frequency at which you use it.