Dandelion has nutritional and medicinal values too.
Dandelion can be used to prepare vegetable soup, It sure has a slightly bitter taste.
Dandelion- Botanical name: Taraxacum officinale
It is commonly regarded as a weed because it is pervasive and invasive.
Dandelion has a lot of nutrition to offer for good health. It is a source of proteins, essential fatty acids and fiber. Dandelion contains beta-carotene which the body converts to vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D and some of the vitamin B complex. It is rich in potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus.
Dandelion also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help to prevent or heal chronic diseases.
Every part of dandelion has medicinal values, but the parts mostly used are the roots and leaves.
Here Are The 10 Health Benefits Of Dandelion.
- Dandelion is a popular herb for treating female reproductive organs disorders. It is especially important in the treatment of disorders like fibroids in which there is estrogen dominance. It helps to break estrogen down properly and flushes the excess out of the body. Make a decoction of the roots and drink for at least 3 months to achieve good results. You can also make infusions of the leaves to drink daily as tea.
- Dandelion cleanses the liver and improves liver function by improving bile flow.
- Dandelion supports kidney and gallbladder health because it cleanses them. It is used to treat urinary tract and dissolve kidney stones.
- Dandelion is a laxative and it is also to treat diarrhea .
- Dandelion stimulates appetite and is a digestive aid because of its bitterness. Drink as tea or infusion with meals. It also helps to stop bloating.
- It helps to lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Dandelion regulates blood sugar levels. This helps in the treatment of diabetes and weight control
- It purifies the blood.
- The milky sap of the leaves and the juice from the leaves are used to treat skin disorders such as warts, moles, psoriasis, eczema, bites, stings and acne.
- Dandelion is used to treat high blood pressure because it has diuretic properties.
How To Prepare Dandelion Drink
Preparations: Get some quantity of the leaves, add little water and blend with garlic, drink twice daily, it could be refrigerated as well
You could also use the dried leaves and prepare it as tea and drink daily.