Do you want to grow your natural hair faster and longer? Do you constantly ask this question “How can I grow my hair long and fast? Well, I am sharing tips on growing your natural hair using rice water.
Moving forward, I used to ask this same question, and I am also aware that many ladies ask this question when embarking on a natural hair journey or trying to grow their kinky hair.
To get longer hair and make it grow fast, you don’t have to look farther than your kitchen. I’m here to tell us how to use some ingredients in cooking and some food items to grow your natural hair faster and longer.
Here Are What You Need For Rice Water
Water helps in hair growth. The most important thing for our hair and body is to drink enough water. Staying hydrated is very important. Your skin, scalp, and body will function properly by drinking water regularly.
When you are dehydrated, your hair growth becomes stunted. You can also use a spraying bottle fill it with water, and spray your natural hair at least twice a week.
■ RICE WATER
What is Rice Water? Rice water is the starchy liquid that remains after the rice is cooked or left to soak. Rice water contains many vitamins and minerals in the rice itself. They include amino acids, Vitamin B, Vitamin E, and antioxidants.
Benefits Of Rice Water
- Rice water de-tangles the hair
- It increases the shine and makes the hair stronger
- It helps the hair grow faster and longer
How To Make Rice Water
There are different ways to make rice water
Method 1: SOAKING
This method is the quickest way to make rice water.
- Take 1/2 cup of uncooked rice
- Rinse the rice
- Put the rice in a clean bowl with 2-3 cups of water
- Leave it to soak for 30 minutes
- Strain the rice water into a separate clean bowl
- Then pour your rice water into a spraying bottle
Method 2: FERMENTED
Some people prefer to use this method because it has more benefits than the other methods.
- To ferment rice water, use the same steps as the soaking method, but you’ll soak the rice for 48 hours before straining the rice water.
- In this method, you have more nutrients because the rice is soaked in the water for an extended time.
Method 3: BOILING
Another way to make rice water is by boiling it.
- Pour your rice into boiling water.
- When the rice is per-boiled, strain the water from the rice.
- Allow the rice water to cool down before using it.
How To Use Rice Water
- Wash hair with shampoo
- Rinse your hair
- Pour the rice water on your hair
- Massage it into the hair and scalp
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it for about 20 minutes
- Rinse hair using warm water
Note: You can store your rice water in the fridge for one week.