Are you eating enough fruits and vegetables? Fruits and vegetables play a significant role in our overall well-being as no diet is balanced without them.
God had a keen sense of understanding the extent and maximum benefits fruits and vegetables will serve us. So he made them in great abundance ranging from different colors, shapes, and sizes, each with its unique nutrients, replenishing and nourishing our body systems.
Research holds that you should consume enough fruits and vegetables on a scale of 4-5 different kinds of vegetables plus 2 different kinds of fruits per day for maximum health benefits.
The Beauty Of Fruits And Vegetables
- Fruits and vegetables are best eaten raw or pureed into smoothies.
- Instead of cooking your vegetables that require heat, steaming, baking, or grilling. So, it’s preferred to use heat with caution and moderation. Some nutrients and photochemical can be damaged but with exemption to some veggies that contain carotenoid nutrients that may increase if cooked. An excellent example of such is tomatoes.
- Aim for various fresh fruits and vegetables to get the most nutrients.
- Always add fruits and vegetables to your recipes
- Use the diverse colors and textures of vegetables/fruits to make your meals exciting and attractive.
- Try a rainbow of colorful fruits and vegetables every day to get the full range of maximum health benefits.
- Think of new and interesting ways to serve your fruits and vegetables.
- Take advantage of the fruits in seasons.
- Fruits and vegetables can be a handy snack food efficiently carried to work and school.
Adequate Consumption Of Fruits And Vegetables Benefits
- It keeps your skin glowing, smooth, fresh, and healthy. You won’t even worry about pimples/acne.
- Encourages healthy hair growth.
- Reduces obesity and maintains a healthy weight.
- Prevents cancer and heart disease.
- Deals with high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Improves our vision.
- Boost fertility.
- Keeps our bowel movements in proper order.
- It Keeps you healthy that you won’t need to frequent the hospital emergency room.
- Keeps you energized at all times
The excellent benefits of fruits and vegetable consumption can’t be compared. Please take advantage of it.