If you don’t know the medicinal capacities of Papaya (Pawpaw leaf) beyond being the leaf of yellow fruit, then you are missing in action. Strangely, many people who have papaya trees in their building or compound don’t know how mighty the leaf is as an alternative cure or treatment for many ailments. Save yourself some hospital bills, please and read this.
Here Are 5 Great Ailments That Papaya Leaf Extract Can Help You Fight Naturally
1. Cancer: Yes, Cancer, you heard me right. If you are scared of cancer and looking for a natural shield to ensure your health in a world full of many carcinogenic substances, then using papaya leaves will work well for you.
While the antioxidants, digestive enzymes, and other nutritional factors in papaya can protect against developing cancer, recent research studies show papaya leaves may have potential as a treatment for those already suffering from the disease.
Research by Doctor Nam Dang at the University of Florida found an extract made from dried papaya leaves killed cancer cells directly and slowed the growth of tumor cells in cultures.
The leaf extract was effective against all ten types of cancer cells tested, including liver, lung, cervix, pancreas, and breast cancer cells. The anti-cancer effects were also measured to be more assertive at higher doses. It was also found that papaya leaf extract boosts the production of Th1-type cytokines that benefit your immune system.
Dr. Dang said, “Based on what I’ve seen and heard in the clinical setting. Nobody who takes this extract experiences demonstratable toxicity; It seems you could take it for a long time – as long as it’s effective.” (Aqueous extract of Carica papaya leaves exhibits anti-tumor activity and immunomodulatory effects – Journal of Ethnopharmacology).
There have been reports online and in some publications of people curing themselves of ‘incurable’ cancers with extracts made from papaya leaf.
One well-known case, written about in local newspapers, is that of Stan Sheldon from the Gold Coast in Australia, who was reported to be dying from lung cancer. He used the liquid from papaya leaves, boiled and simmered in a pan as a homemade treatment for two months, before being tested again to find both lungs clear of any traces of cancer. He said the disease had not reappeared several decades later, and he had passed his treatment on to others, many of whom were also cured.
2. Diabetes: Papaya leaf juice can work wonders for people with diabetes as well. It regulates the production of insulin, which in turn checks blood sugar levels. Its potent antioxidant nature also helps to bring down the consequent complications of diabetes like kidney damage and fatty liver. There are proven scientific researches on this. So don’t miss this for your diabetic loved ones.
3. Helps Treat Skin Problems: Papaya leaf juice has a rich vitamin C and A content, which boosts skin health and gives you healthier and radiant skin. Papaya leaf juice suppresses the activity of free radicals. The presence of karpain compounds checks the growth of excess micro-organisms and cleanses your skin of toxins, protecting against skin problems like pimples, freckles, and acne.
4. Ulcer: Papaya leaf tea protected against a gastric ulcer in a study on laboratory animals published in the September 2008 issue of the “West Indian Medical Journal.” In the study, papaya leaf extract reduced ulcer severity and showed strong antioxidant effects. Papaya leaf extract also decreased oxidized lipids and increased antioxidant activity within red blood cells. Researchers concluded from this preliminary study that papaya leaf tea shows potential for treating gastric ulcers and oxidative stress on the stomach.
5. Malaria: Sure, you must be familiar with this, as proven by several studies that scientifically validated a combination of Carica papaya (pawpaw), Mangifera indica (mango), Vernonia amygdalina (bitter leaf), Psidium guajava (guava), Ocimum gratissimum (sweet basil), Cymbopogon citratus (lemongrass), Azadirachta indica (neem), seeds of Citrus aurantifolia (lime), Nauclea latifolia and Morinda Lucida as a potent cure that produce 100 percent elimination of malaria parasites, even drug-resistant strains, in humans. So you see why drinking crushed pawpaw leaf is incredible for your health?
Now, How Do You Use It? See Below
- Wash 7 medium-sized papaya leaves, cut them up roughly, and place them in a saucepan with 2 liters of water.
- Heat the leaves in the water until it boils, and then reduce the heat right down to a mild simmer for 2 hours. By this time, the liquid should be reduced by half.
- Once it is reduced, allow it to cool, remove the papaya leaves, strain the liquid and drink 50 ml of the resulting concentrated papaya leaf tea.
- Drinking another 50 ml twice more, for a total of 3 times a day before a meal, was the suggested dosage and timing for this natural treatment.
- This homemade papaya leaf tea can be kept in the fridge in a covered glass or ceramic container (not plastic). It should last for several days, though it is recommended to discard it if it becomes too cloudy.
Total healing. Remember, health is wealth.