This post is a guest post
After Chef Stone of Reddish Chronicle posted his braided bread on his Instagram page, I was inspired to make this bread. I kept saying to myself, “I can do it,” and I did it!
It’s my Vanilla Milk Braided Bread!!!
½ cup warm milk
½ cup white sugar
½ active dry yeast
2 large eggs one kept out to brush on top of the bread
¼ cup butter soften
2¼ cups all-purpose flour plus extra for kneading
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Add sugar and salt to the warm milk, mix.
- Sprinkle the yeast on the surface of the mixture. Cover and allow to activate for about 10mins.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and butter. Also, add the flour. Mix thoroughly till the dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead till it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover and allow to prove for 50mins – 1hr.
- Knead the dough again, cut,t and braid.
- Cover for another 30 mins. Coat with the egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 – 12mins.
Enjoy your freshly made bread.