I was inspired to make this bread after Chef Stone of Reddish Chronicle posted his braided bread on his instagram page. I kept saying to myself “I can do it” and I did it!
It’s my Vanilla Milk Braided Bread!!!
½ cup warm milk
½ cup white sugar
½ active dry yeast
2 large eggs one kept out to brush on top of bread
¼ cup butter soften
2¼ cups all-purpose flour plus extra for kneading
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1) Add sugar and salt to the warm milk, mix together.
2) Sprinkle the yeast on the surface of the mixture. Cover and allow to activate for about 10mins.
3) Add in the egg, vanilla and butter. Also add the flour. Mix thoroughly till the dough is formed.
4) Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead till it is smooth and elastic.
5) Cover and allow to prove for 50mins – 1hr.
6) Re knead the dough. Cut and braid.
7) Cover for another 30 mins. Coat with the egg wash.
8) Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 – 12mins.
YOU MADE IT, SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH US!